Best salmon recipe!
What do you do with your salmon after you went fishing in Juneau and you get it home? Sure you can BBQ it or pan fry a fillet. But my personal favorite is Salmon Burgers! I’m sharing my “secret” recipe that friends and family repeatedly ask me to make for gatherings. These also taste great served cold the next day with a salad.
Captain Alan’s Salmon Burgers
2lbs of thawed uncooked salmon filets, remove the pin bones.
1/2 cup of panko
I heaping tablespoon of mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon of Salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
2 teaspoons of lemon grass paste/ grate fresh lemongrass
1/2 cup of cilantro
1. If the filets still have skin on, remove skin and set aside for your cat or dog. Chop salmon into strips, then cut again and continue to chop until salmon is finely diced.
2. Add salmon, panko, mayo, salt, pepper, lemongrass, egg into a big bowl then mix together. Next add the cilantro and stir until thoroughly mixed. Once this is all combined together it should feel “malleable” to form.
3. Divide the mixture into 6 equal mounds on a cutting board, pat into 4 inch wide and 3/4 inch thick patties.
4.Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate for 30 mins.
5. Preheat a sauté pan with avocado or olive oil. When hot transfer patties to the pan. Reduce heat. Turn when the bottom of the patties are brown. Continue to cook until the patties feel springy in the center and white juices bubble up.
6. Serve on your favorite bun (brioche or Hawaiian buns are the best!) with lettuce, tomatoe and mayo.
Never give this “secret” recipe out!!!